Neuropsychology deals with the functions of the brain, such as thinking abilities (or intelligence), attention, memory, language abilities, motor skills, personality/behavioral changes, emotional disorders, and visual perception disorders.
At our specialized center for neuropsychology, we are able to diagnose and treat impairments of brain functions and deficits in performance. These may occur, for example, after a stroke, brain hemorrhage, tumor disease, or in parallel with inflammatory and brain degenerative processes (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, etc.).
Conditions We Treat
- Comprehensive neuropsychological diagnostics for various questions. Core areas include, among others:
- Somatic illnesses with impact on the brain (e.g., brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and endocrine disorders)
- Neurodegenerative diseases (including Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementias, and frontotemporal lobar degenerations)
- Acquired brain damage (e.g., strokes and traumatic brain injuries)
- Cognitive impairments in psychiatric illnesses (such as affective disorders, substance use disorders, and schizophrenia)
- Disorders of neural and mental development (e.g., autism spectrum disorder)
- Hyperkinetic disorders (including ADHD and ADS)
- Assessment of intelligence level
- Clarification of cognitive deficits as well as evaluation of severity level
- Assessment of work capacity and functional level in daily life
- Opinion on driving ability from a neuropsychological perspective